Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I heart naps (and other things I never thought I'd love...)

Since becoming a mom, I've discovered a few things I love - some of them are things I used to dislike for one reason or another.  FIRST on the list is:

1.  Naps:  I usually take at least one nap with Stella each day and WOW what a difference that makes.  When I took naps before becoming a mom I'd wake up groggy and feeling more tired than before...now, I wake up ready to continue the day of caring for my sweet pea.

Sleeping beauty - one month old.
2.  NPR Talk Radio:  BORING, right?  Wrong!  Truth be told, I started listening to NPR a while before Stella was born, but boy have I grown to love it since she arrived.  We don't have TV, so the house gets pretty quiet, and every once in a while I really like listening to the good, old fashioned radio.  Tim and I even had what we called a "nerd date" a few months ago to a live interview with Neil Conan and Ken Rudin (Talk of the Nation).

3.  Breastfeeding:  Not that I ever thought I'd dislike this per se, but it has been one of the most wonderful, bonding experiences of being a mom.  I do wish every mother could have the joy - for their own sake and for the sake of their baby.  If you can get past the first rough weeks of adjusting, it's well-worth any and all the pain or trials endured at the beginning.

And for the sake of balance - here are a few things I do NOT love:
1. Broken Washing Machines:  Makes cloth diapering really impossible.
2. Car Repairs:  Traps me in the house and costs a lot of money to fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment