Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Week: Feels Like Home.

Tonight was special for two reasons:  Chinese Thanksgiving with Billy and Amy Petty AND my 10th high school reunion.

Billy and Amy came over tonight to celebrate Thanksgiving, Asian-style, which will hopefully become an annual tradition!  I didn't get a picture of our Chinese Food Feast, but here is a picture of the happy, musical bunch taken right before I left for my ten year high school reunion at the Wolfeboro Inn:


And here is a picture of some of Kingswood's finest - Class of 2000, ten years later:


It can be weird going "home" to a place that is no longer my home - the house I grew up in on South Main Street has long since been sold, the house my mom moved to afterward was also sold just last year, my mom now lives on Cape Cod closer to her family, and I only keep in touch with a few friends from high school; however, I feel very much at home with my little family, and that feeling is in no way connected to the place we live.  I know it sounds cliche, and saying it sounds cliche sounds even more cliche, but my home is my precious family - my home is Tim, and Stella, and Griffin and Caroline...which makes it somehow easier to walk back into friendships and relationships from ten years ago.  I feel better in my own skin than I ever have in my entire life, and for that I'm very thankful this Thanksgiving.

This beautiful song pretty much sums it all up for me...one of my favorites of all time.  The video from The Notebook is unrelated, but it was the only way I could get the whole song!
Feels Like Home, Chantal Kreviasuk

1 comment:

  1. Beleive me you can live anywhere as long as you have your family. I have moved into several house with or without our furniture, and they are automaticly home. As long as we are together all is good. Hope you had a great time at the reunion. Wolfeboro is still a special place to me. Have a Great Thanksgiving Jenny and Family.
    Joelle

    ReplyDelete