Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Parenting Philosophies.

I just read a blog post about attachment parenting and it really got me thinking - actually, the comments on the post made me think more than the actual post itself.  People's responses were so divisive...both for and against this particular approach to raising children.  

I own many books on different parenting philosophies and I have yet to read any of them.  The more I adapt to my role as Stella's mom, the more I realize that parenting is a day-by-day, moment-by-moment job...and I can't imagine trying to fit Stella or myself into one particular philosophy or method or role; that's not to say that I don't have goals, general ideas on parenting, or any semblance of a schedule, but I find that remaining open (to each new day, to my daughter and who God created her to be, and to my own needs, strengths, and desires...) from the start of this adventure has been the most helpful method of parenting thus far.  Another blogger, a fellow UNH alumna who was involved with me in InterVarsity, said it much better than I could have - read her thoughts on remaining flexible as a mom here.

No comments:

Post a Comment