Sunday, January 9, 2011

Setting a Good Example.

Tim and I have been thinking lately about the daily examples we are setting for our family.  There are certain routines I have with Stella that I'm sure, if I stopped them today, she wouldn't ever remember; however, I'm hopeful if I keep them up they will become an integral part of her upbringing.  For instance, I'm trying to read Scripture with Stella every day - we are currently in the book of Acts.  At nine months old, she mostly tries to tear the pages out of the Bible while I read to her; I usually occupy her attention with a toy that's more appropriate for her age.  I'm hopeful someday she will look back on this example as something which marked the very beginning of her love for God.  On a more practical level, we are also going to be more intentional about eating dinner together as a family...this routine is tricky because Stella currently has the same dinner-time as the local retirement community, but I think it's worth adjusting our schedule so this pattern is set early in her life.  There's a lot to be said about living intentionally, especially when how I am living on a daily basis directly affects someone else's life in such a powerful way.

Our routine is paying off already - she chose Make Me Like Jesus from the bookshelf!

No comments:

Post a Comment