Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Living God's Dream.

I've been feeling convicted lately.  I think most people who have shared a similar experience would say it's not necessarily comfortable, but it sure is better than the alternative:  comfort.  I'm really excited about the work God is doing in my heart, in my husband's heart, and in a few, dear friends.  Tim and I have been challenged, recently, to really look at God's Word, the Bible, examine it, and apply it to our life in practical ways.  As a Christian, this may seem like a no-brainer - if I call myself a believer in Jesus, then I should be living out his teachings in my daily life...that is certainly easier said than done.  The thing is, I'm not interested in easy.

Tim and I want to live more radically for God - to serve more selflessly, to love more deeply, and to follow Jesus in ways that tests what is "normal."  We are fairly certain that this chapter of life in our current house is coming to a close, whether it be through a short-sale or other means we will likely be moving on at some point in the near future.  I am excited by the freedom that comes with not owning a home...we can go anywhere God calls us!  It's amazing how when you grow closer to God the trappings of the world seem pretty insignificant.  The American Dream cannot be compared to God's dream for my life.  God's dream extends far beyond the way most people define success and happiness in the world; God's dream is so much bigger than a house, a picket fence, 2 kids and a dog, or anything we can build with our own hands.

Right now, I've got to go live God's dream by responding to the needs of my eleven month old daughter who is just waking up from her nap.  Who knows what else He has is store for me later?! 

1 comment:

  1. Jenny, That's beautiful. It takes real courage to live a life of complete faith.
    I love you,
    A. Sally

    ReplyDelete