Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My New Career.

I had two very different careers before becoming a stay-at-home-mom.  I was in ministry with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship at UNH for several years and then I transitioned to a job in fundraising at Phillips Exeter Academy.  I did a presentation tonight at church on God and the Workplace; it went well and I was thankful for the opportunity to share my experiences.  I shared about building your faith outside of work, finding fellowship on the job, viewing work as an act of worship, and sharing your faith with co-workers.  Stella hung out in the nursery and had a great time.

When I got home I put my daughter to bed.  For the past few nights I've gotten pretty emotional before laying her down in her crib.  I pray for her while she sucks her thumb and she rests her head on my shoulder - she would stay there until she fell asleep if I let her...sometimes I do.  I don't ever want those moments to end.  I love my new career.

1 comment: