Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pushing It.

This stretch in the life of my little family has been a crazy one.  Tim has been working harder than ever before, he was gone for a week in New Orleans and then we were both away for a wedding celebration in RI.  We are now in NY at youth group camp and Stella is showing the signs of all this transition.  I'm tired and just hoping that God is using this time in powerful ways that I cannot really see right now.  I know that life needs to settle or we're all going to start to suffer the consequences of too much time away and not enough time as a family.

Speaking of family, a dear friend reminded me today that just being together, here, as a family is a witness of God's love.  I realize that there are just under 60 kids on this trip from our church...and hundreds more from other churches around the U.S...and many, if not most of these kids have never seen a loving marriage and family before in their lives.  I hope that us being here is a witness of God's love and that it will be worth it in the end, because right now I know I'm pushing it.  I look forward to some down time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment