Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Adoption.

I just got off the phone with Bethany Christian Services - an adoption agency.  Tim and I are in the "information gathering" phase, exploring the possibility of bringing another daughter into our family.  Next month we will attend Bethany's information meeting at their NH office in Candia.  This afternoon I am meeting with a friend who went through Bethany to adopt her two daughters.  I don't really know what to say other than I feel excited every time I think about it.  I actually get goosebumps whenever I have mentioned the idea of adopting to a close friend or family member.  

I can think of few things that would bring God more glory than giving a child a family - one who otherwise would not have a home, a mom, a dad, a sister, and the knowledge that they are completely loved and wanted.  I honestly don't know what this whole process is going to look like, where the money will come from (I trust it will come from somewhere...God is so good), and when it will happen, but I'm so excited for the journey.  I pray God will remind me of my excitement when the process gets hard, when we feel anxious about God's provision, and when the path ahead is unclear.  

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this:  to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."  James 1: 27


No comments:

Post a Comment