Monday, September 26, 2011

One Thousand Gifts

I'm reading a fabulous book called One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp - it is hitting my heart in all the right places.  I find myself thinking about this book more than anything I've ever read besides Scripture.  It is a book to meditate on and re-read over and over...and it's shaping how I see the world.  Among so many other things, Voskamp models an attitude of thankfulness; however, her thankfulness isn't just for the sake of being grateful and feeling good about it, but rather it is a discipline which results in a closeness to our Creator by seeing the world through His eyes...with joy and perspective.  Here are some of my one thousand:

1. The feeling of giddy anticipation anytime I think or talk about adoption.
2. Hot chili and crescent rolls.
3. Sleep sacks.
4. Honesty in my marriage.
5. Clean dogs.
6. Baby Soap.
7. Pursed lips of Stella's sweetest kiss.
8. That she wants my comfort anytime she is hurt.
9. The burnt orange of my front-step mum.
10. Dog's hungry noses on our walks.
11. Stella squishing yogurt ("yog") in between her hands - delighting in the squishy sound and sensation.
12. Monarch butterfly on a flowering bush - GLORIOUS!
13. A fridge full of groceries.

This is only the beginning!  Thank you God for fresh eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment