Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Falling Asleep.

If you are the parent of a small child I highly recommend watching him/her fall asleep every now and again.  Since Stella's naptime has been kind of wacky these days I've been resting with her each afternoon in our bed to help her settle down.  She has gone back to napping for the past three days and it's amazing how angelic she looks when she is sleeping.  Today I watched her slowly fall asleep as I lay next to her.  She sucks her thumb and pushes her four little fingers into her upper lip at the same time in an almost methodical way.  I found myself staring at her beautiful, dark eyelashes as her eyes closed.  She truly looks like a cherub - blond hair that flips at the ends more and more as the day goes on, pretty blue eyes framed by the most darling lashes, rosy cheeks and full, pink lips.  Her beauty literally takes my breath away when I stop to notice these details.  Stella amazes me, and I'm so grateful for this time we have together as I learn to fully appreciate all God has given me!


That's why I recommend watching your child fall asleep - it forces you to stop your own agenda and to rest in the miracle that is your child.

No comments:

Post a Comment