Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Stella Turns TWO!

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday to the sweetest two year old I have ever known - my Stella Bella!

In case blogs still exist when you're old enough to read this, I figured I'd post some letters written by me and your dad last night on the eve of your second birthday.  You are the apple of our eyes and the joy of our hearts!



April 3, 2012
Dear Stella Bella,
Happy, Happy birthday!  The past two years have been truly unbelievable.  God has used you to show me what joy-filled living feels like every day.  I cannot recall any other time in my life where I have felt so consistently in the center of His will as I have since you arrived.  Since the day you were born you have been such a delight.  You are beautiful, funny, joy-radiating, gentle, confident, fearless, and so much more.  I am amazed by your intelligence and how your eyes are so open to this world.  There is no doubt in my mind our Lord has an awesome, awesome plan for your life.  You are a gift from God and I'm am proud and honored to be your mom.
All Love,
Momma


Stella,
Everyday, I wait to see pictures of you and your mom that she texts to me.  Everyday, I anticipate coming home, opening the door, and hearing your precious, little voice say, "It's daddy...hi daddy!"  Everyday, I wonder if you'll let me be the one who puts you to bed.  I love being your dad, and when I pray for you, I often pray that your unshakable faith in Jesus would make my faith look pale in comparison.
I love you and am so blessed by every moment we have together.  In you, I have started to grasp what it means that God loves us as His children.  You bring me joy, you make me smile, and I love you more each day.
Love Always,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment