Thursday, October 1, 2015

Saying "no" to say "yes"

I'm learning a lesson and it's been a hard one.  I'm learning what it means to say "no" to some very good things in order to say "yes" to the very best things in my life.
 
Recently, Tim and I have been in conversation about our family's priorities.  Over the past year especially I have felt stretched thin - like I'm not giving my best to the people and things that matter most to me, namely to my children and to life here at home.  In light of this we made the decision for me to leave my pursuit of group fitness instruction behind in order to focus on what I believe is God's highest calling in my life: being a wife and a mom.  I've struggled with disappointing others, starting something and not finishing it, and placing the value due on the exclusive role of being a mom.  But when we made the decision together I felt great peace because I know this is the first step to something I've wanted very badly for some time.
 
I've had this question posted above my kitchen sink for two years, but I think I only really saw it for the first time today:  Based on your behavior where is your treasure? 
"Where your treasure is there your heart will be also...No one can serve two masters."  Matthew 6
 
I've been serving two (or three or four...) masters for some time.  It's time to say "no" to some very good things to say "yes" to God's best in my life.




1 comment:

  1. its been a long time since you last blogged, thank you for this, love you more than you could know, momma

    ReplyDelete