Friday, October 15, 2010

Comfort Food

Day 5 of Carpenter STAY-cation 2010 was a lovely, cold, windy, rainy day here in New Hampshire.  I'm serious, I love these days!  They remind me of childhood winters growing up close to the ocean.

We loaded into the car as a family and took another drive along the Seacoast to see the waves.  Stella had her first taste of chocolate ice cream and I mistakenly thought I had forgotten to bring the camera (note to self: check all pockets of my purse before coming to that conclusion...I'll write more on how I regularly cannot find things that are right in front of me in a later post), so I didn't capture her utter delight on film today; I'm hopeful there will be many more opportunities to do so in the future.  The rain makes me think of comfort food, like chicken pot pie topped with homemade biscuits...yum!  Tomorrow is our last day of vacation...sad to see it go as it has been wonderful to just be together...

No comments:

Post a Comment