Monday, October 11, 2010

Sandwich Fair 2010 - Carpenter Family Vacation Day 1

What a day, what a day!  Carpenter Family Vacation - Fall 2010 - is off with a bang beginning with our trip to the 100th Annual Sandwich Fair.  Allow me to note that the Sandwich Fair is not a fair of sandwiches, rather, it's an annual fair set in a beautiful, New Hampshire town called Sandwich.  I've been attending this fair since I was about ten years old and it's one of my favorite fall traditions.  This year wasn't as full of people watching as I'd hoped it would be (things change when you spend more time looking at the stroller wheels making sure they don't run over the feet of the person in front of you...); however, we had a wonderful day filled with sweet, sweet memories as a family.  I love my family, I love my baby, I am grateful for all the blessings in my life right now.  Possibly my favorite moment of the day was spent discreetly nursing Stella, with Tim at my side, on a swinging chair.  Stella fell asleep in my arms under a blanket, and Tim and I sat together talking.  I sang a song to him.  We listened to the cattle caller at the competition ring up the way.  Let’s call it a country romance.  And we ate...oh, did we eat.  Here is a list of all we consumed (don't judge me - we wait all year for this...and it's truly a once-a-year occasion):

Hand-cut French Fries
Cheese Fries (2)
Corn Chowder
Corn Dog
Elk Burger (Tim's favorite food of the day)
Buffalo Sausage
Chocolate Fudge (my favorite food of the day)
Rocky Road Fudge
Fried Pickles
Fried Dough
Lemonade
Coke
Diet Coke (because I like the taste...obv. not bc I'm watching my weight with all I just consumed)

Here are some sweet pics from our wonderful trip:
Stella is excited for the fair!

YUMMMM!!!!

Old Ladies in Cowboy Hats - Love it!

Don't Hate.

Tim makes his annual trip to the knife shop.

Me and my peanut.

Baby and Daddy.

Someday Stella - dad will take you on this ride.  Mom would throw up if she did.

Precious, 2200 lb., sleeping ox.

Stella: "I loved the fair...do we have to go home?"

Stella:  "Thanks, mom and dad, for a great day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment