Friday, November 19, 2010

I hate shopping!

Stella and I went to Kohl's today.  I hate shopping.  I can't think of many things I "hate", but shopping is one of them.  I don't like the atmosphere of most stores, I don't like the gimics used to get people to spend money, I don't like being told that I "must have" or that I "need" things when neither is true, and I don't like trying on clothes.

Stella hanging out in the dressing room.
What I DO like about shopping these days is taking Stella with me - that is, pending that I don't lock her in the car like I did a few weeks back.  It's nice to have a buddy in the store, she gets a lot of attention because of her budding sense of humor, and it's a great excuse to get in and get out in no time.  We had a gift card I'd been carrying in my purse for the last seven months, as well as some money from Stella's grand-mom to spend on baby clothes.  I knew it was time to get out of the store when my baby almost started crawling on the dressing room floor...none of her milestones will be had in a department store if I have anything to do with it!  Plus, I got my first new pair of non-maternity jeans in several years, and Stella got some new digs, as well; all in a hard day's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment