Friday, November 26, 2010

I love my family!

Grandmom Carpenter is in town and Stella is happy to see her!
Stella and I took a trip to Portland Maine today to see my family on my father's side.  We had such a blast!  What I love most about my family is how much we LAUGH when we are together.  We are honest when things are hard, but we also know how to make a heavy load feel lighter by tossing in a bit of humor to almost every situation.

My parents divorced when I was in the second grade and my brother and I lived with my mom.  Inevitably we spent more time with her side of the family over the years, but I've always felt a special bond to my dad's side of the family, as well.  They are precious to me.  I love hearing them tell stories about my dad, "Robbie", when he was little.  "Robbie was mom's FAVORITE..." usually makes its way into the repertoire at least once!  Here are some classic moments from today:

Cousin Sanni, Uncle Dave, and Stella.
Napping Uncle Alan.
The gang.
My only cousins on my dad's side, Richard and Meredith - I love them SO much!
The whole family loves Stella's first baby doll!
My lovely aunts, Sally and Susan.

Guess who army-CRAWLED today for the first time?





No comments:

Post a Comment