Saturday, November 27, 2010

Cold Shower.

I had a cold shower today.  

Lately Stella has been quite a handful as she's not nursing to sleep like she used to - this means she is up each time I leave her in her crib and it takes a while to soothe her to sleep.  This morning we woke up and Tim took Stella for a few hours so that I could catch some Zzzzzzz's...then I took her for a few hours so that he could do the same.  Due to a nasty spill, I had to clean the entire fridge this morning, which took TWO HOURS.  After this unexpected chore Tim and his mom decided to go out to do some shopping and I suggested they take the baby...thinking all the while about taking a very hot, very long shower.  As most moms can relate, a long shower is a hot commodity (no pun intended) after you become a parent.  Before Tim was out the door with Stella, I was in the shower...and shortly after they were out the door my shower was running cold.  My first reaction was frustration, my second blame, and my third submission.  It's a tough lesson to learn that everything happens for a reason, even the cold showers in life.  I came downstairs and sat in front of the computer and then the snow started falling.  If I had been doing what I wanted to do I would have missed the first snowfall of the season...which was a beautiful sight to see.  And I also would have missed the quiet of the house - I can't remember a time I've been alone in the house in months.  

So, tonight I'm thanking God for the simple things:  a quiet house, a clean fridge, and the cold shower that allowed me to be present for the first snowfall of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment