Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Week

I am working on changing my perspective to one of gratitude...it's not always easy.  As I was thinking about a few, small tasks ahead of me tonight I wasn't feeling very thankful, but oftentimes gratitude is a choice.  I have chores to do tonight - folding laundry, doing dishes, cleaning up around the house.  Instead of complaining about my chores (which was my first instinct), I'm choosing thankfulness.  Four loads of laundry waiting to be folded makes me feel thankful for more than enough clothing for me and my little family.  Dishes in the sink are only there because we had food to eat for dinner tonight, for that I'm grateful.  I'm thankful for a place to live and a warm bed in which to sleep tonight - I wouldn't have to clean up if I didn't have a house, so I'm grateful for my home.


And I'm thankful for the little house elf who, earlier tonight, sat atop my MOUND of laundry (...still working on teaching her to fold it...someday...).

1 comment:

  1. Once you teacher her how to fold the laundry, she can make a pit stop at my house. Laundry is one of those never ending battles. :)

    ReplyDelete