Sunday, November 21, 2010

Date Night

The two loves of my life.

Tim and I have tried to maintain the tradition of "date night" since the early days of our relationship.  It's so easy to forget to be intentional - we find that our weekly date nights help us to reconnect, to talk, and to have fun!  Since Stella arrived, we don't really go out much anymore, both because it's expensive and because our nighttime routine looks quite different than that of our pre-baby days.  Most often, in fact, our date nights are now date mornings.  Tonight, however, our date consists of pizza and a movie.  It's a blessing that a night at home is now WAY more satisfying to me than a night out on the town.  I have all I could possibly want or need in this world: the love of my life sitting next to me, the other love of my life upstairs in her crib, our puppies sleeping peacefully in the livingroom, and good food on the table.  Thank you, God.

New fall-themed windowboxes...
My Thanksgiving windowboxes...fun, huh?
Soon these pumpkins will be replaced by berries and evergreen (and SNOW!).


No comments:

Post a Comment