Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas at Mimi's

Birdy and mimi, checking out the tree.
I'm very thankful for the time Stella and I got to spend with my mom this past week.  Because of the back-and-forth about our house situation we haven't gotten around to decorating for Christmas.  It was wonderful to step inside my mom's house on Saturday; it felt like I was stepping into a kind of "Cottage Christmas Catalog" (or something like that...).  Anyone who knows my mother knows that she has a way of making any house feel like a home - and she sure did an excellent job on her Cape Cod cottage in Pocasset.  

I especially loved watching my mom hold her little "Birdy" while sharing stories about all the ornaments on her tree...all of them have a story of their own.  Tonight I am going to put out a few decorations to mark this marvelous holiday because being on the Cape got me in the Christmas spirit, finally.

Here are a few of my favorite photo memories:

Precious moment between the bird and her mimi.

Bathtime is the best in mimi's sink!

Generations of cousins.

Cousin love - so cute!

Birdy LOVED the ornaments...

...especially her little pine-cone.



1 comment:

  1. thank you tootie, and birdy for making my christmas a special one by your visit. love you up!,momma

    ReplyDelete