Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Cutest Dress In The World.

When we visited the Cape this past week, we got together with my extended family at my Aunt Francine's house.  Stella received some early Christmas presents from my aunt and cousin, including an AMAZING dress from Francine.  I have never seen anything more precious in my life; it is truly my favorite item of clothing Stella has ever received.  The dress reminded Fran of a Carl Larrson painting - Larrson was a Swedish painter and his subjects (many of whom were his own children) don the most simple, beautiful clothing.  Check out some of his work here.  My mom loved his paintings, so I grew up familiar with his prints.  

For the first time, I went out and bought something for Stella to wear (we've been given all our clothing thus far); she needed some tights and I also found baby leg warmers...come on!  I took Stella to Tim's Staff Christmas Party today and we had a blast.  This is the final product: green dress (a la Francine), red tights, ivory leg warmers, hat and booties (from cousin Mozelle):

Stella and Mark, one of Tim's co-workers.

My little Swedish angel.




I'm having trouble seeing the family resemblance here...

Stella and Jen, another one of Tim's co-workers.



No comments:

Post a Comment