Friday, December 17, 2010

Decorating With What's Important.


I finally got around to putting a few things out to mark the Christmas Season, my favorite of which is my nativity scene...an amazing gift from last Christmas, compliments of my mom.  We don't have a tree (at least not yet), but the nativity is more important to me than a tree - it reminds me of the true reason for the season, the birth of the Savior.  I am so thankful to celebrate this holiday for what it really is - thankful that we have made a conscious choice, regardless of our financial want or plenty, to limit our consumption and to turn our hearts and minds to the arrival of the Christ-child.  Tim and I have talked about the kinds of things we want to mark all our future Christmases with Stella - fewer presents and more intentionality; this means keeping the focus on Jesus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment