Sunday, December 19, 2010

Pixie.

Family portrait!
I've wanted a pixie cut since I was in high school but I could never get up the courage to do it.  It's such a drastic move and I felt too scared and worried about what other people would think - whether other people would like it and whether I'd look like a boy and hate it.


I finally did it and I'm so glad I did - not so much because I am in love with it (I have yet to decide what I really think), but I'm mostly glad because it's worth doing things that scare you once in a while...especially when the reason you are NOT doing something is because of what other people will think of you.  I know I spend at least part of my time worrying about other people's opinions on things that don't really matter, especially something as insignificant as a new haircut.

I liked this article that described my internal struggle with short-hair - it helped motivate me to take the plunge!
Me and my wonderful friend, Brandi - and all our kiddos!

1 comment:

  1. I think your hair is AWESOME!!! I think everyone women should chop her hair at least once even if they don't love the results it only hair! However you look great :) - Megan

    ReplyDelete