Monday, December 27, 2010

Stella's First Christmas

"Thanks for helping me see the Christmas Tree, Uncle Dave!"

"Thanks for helping me open my stocking, grandmom and daddy!"

"Daddy, that's MY cell phone!"

Merry Christmas from our dog, Griffin.

Stella in her Christmas Dress from grandmom.

   



How can I put this Christmas into words?  We have been in New York, enjoying our time with Tim's family this year.  It has been lovely to see Stella get so excited about the Christmas Tree - it's like she's seeing it for the first time each morning when we wake up!  She has enjoyed her gifts, the process of unwrapping them, and playing with the paper and the boxes.  She looked simply darling in the Christmas dress her grandmom bought her.  And, it has brought me lots of joy to see Tim's family love Stella like crazy.

I have missed my mom and now have a serious beef with FTD flowers who neglected to deliver her Christmas flowers for the second time today - so much for an on-time Christmas present (sorry, mom...you know I love you and that I hate FTD...).  Despite that disappointing setback, it has been a Christmas full of good memories for our little Christmas angel.  We are so thankful to celebrate the holiday with family, but even more thankful for the incredible gift of the Savior's birth...THAT gift is what Christmas is all about, my friends.  Jesus does not disappoint!  I wish I could say the same for FTD...ho, ho, ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment