Tuesday, January 25, 2011

10 Years Ago.

Just over ten years ago, I met my dear friend, Pam.  She was my "randomly" assigned roommate at UNH; I always quote "randomly" because I don't believe in coincidence.  God knows what He is doing and He knew what He was doing when Pam and I were assigned to each other as roommates that fall of 2000.  Pam became a Christian during her freshman year at UNH, and God used Pam to draw me back to Him.  

Today, Pammie brought her sweet, new baby James over to play and there was a moment during her visit when we were both nursing our babies and talking to each other.  I said to her something like, "If someone had told you ten years ago that we would be sitting here with our babies, could you even have imagined that?"  So much has changed in over ten years, but it truly feels like just yesterday that I was moving into room 740 in Stoke Hall...just wondering whether or not I'd connect with my roommate.  

I take such JOY in my friendships, and Pam is no exception.  God has been very good to me by bringing so many wonderful women alongside me to walk this journey.  I now look forward to my child being friends with Pam's children and my other friend's kids, too...wow, that is so cool.

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool! Wow, I didn't know you were random frosh year. So cool Pam has a baby too. Love you, Jenny!!!

    ReplyDelete