Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Crisis Averted...Barely.

Tim was home early from work today and was helping with all aspects of Stella's bedtime routine - he handed her off to me to diaper, dress, and nurse to sleep.  I plopped her down on her changing pad on our bed and she promptly started to crawl away from me.  I guess I didn't realize how very FAST she can crawl and by the time I knew it she was all the way across our king-sized bed!  I barely had a second to run around the bed and catch one of Stella' legs as her head and torso fell off the edge.  Stella was not phased at all - she sucked her thumb and rested on my shoulder for a minute while my heart pounded out of my chest...thump-thump, thump-thump, thump-thump.

I'm so thankful to have caught her in time.  Got to keep a very close eye on my quick, sneaky little girl!


1 comment:

  1. just like i grabbed you out of the air during our attempt to have your portrait done for your first birthday at Sears...whew!

    ReplyDelete