Saturday, February 5, 2011

No Pictures!

My friend, Emily, came to visit us the past few days - we had a great time exploring some of our memories from high school, as well as catching up on details from the past ten years.  We have kept in touch (especially when I would travel to NYC for work trips several times a year) but it has been a long time since we've had a few days of undivided attention for one another.  Tonight, I sat down to write about our time together and I automatically reached for my camera...then I realized that I did not take a single photo the entire time she was here.  I'm so mad!  

Some of the highlights:
Late night talks
Conquering our fears
Our trip to Wolfeboro...featuring:
  • drinks from Lydia's
  • a tour of Kingswood Press courtesy of Becky Swaffield
  • real turkey sandwiches from Full Belly Deli
  • a visit to the Law Offices of Kurt D. Devylder
  • gawking at the ugliness of Kingswood Regional High School...under construction
Looking through my high school memory box and CRACKING up
The Friendly Toast in Portsmouth

As I think more about it I'm beginning to recognize that the main reason I didn't capture anything on camera was because we were living in the moment.  That's a good place to be.  Love you, em-bop.

No comments:

Post a Comment