Friday, February 11, 2011

First Word and First Stand - in ONE day!

I didn't catch either moment on camera or on film, but today was a big day for two reasons.  Stella stood up twice on her own - she was holding on to me and then she just let go and confidently stood there for several seconds each time!  Then, while eating dinner, she pointed her finger at Caroline and said something that closely resembled the word "dog" - over, and over, and over!  She was so proud of herself.  I realized, actually, that she has been saying dog for a while, but I just didn't put two and two together until she pointed and was obviously trying to tell me she knows Caroline and Griffin are DOGS.  She's been saying "mama" and "dada" for some time now, but I think "dog" is her first real word.

Wow - what a big day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment