Friday, July 1, 2011

God's Grace.

This week has been challenging.  Tim is away in New Orleans, serving with the youth of Bethany Church to continue rebuilding post Hurricane Katrina.  The last time he went away was right after we moved to Newmarket and I knew it would be easier this time since our life feels more settled; however, it's still not ideal.  I am reminded each time he goes away that this is some mom's reality all the time...she doesn't have a partner to share the responsibilities of raising a child/children...she doesn't get a break.  I have had to tell myself over and over to be thankful that it's only a week, that my best friend is coming home so soon.

God's grace has been evident in so many ways.  My mom came to spend time with us and it was a great visit.  I've met with friends and spent time catching up on things I wouldn't have otherwise.  Our new neighbors made me dinner last night and we stayed up talking until 11pm (oh, the college days when we were just getting started at this time...alas, 11pm is now LATE at night)...AND they are super excited to watch Griffin while we go to camp in a few weeks.  Grammy Susan came to the rescue again and took Stella for the afternoon yesterday.  I know there are many people who wouldn't attribute these things to God's grace, but I do...I see God in the smallest to the biggest moments of life and I'm thankful for the way He provides for my daily needs.



No comments:

Post a Comment