Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Choices.

"Oh the joys of those who trust the LORD."  Psalm 40:4
This verse is TRUE and it hangs above our kitchen sink.

I've been reflecting on my life recently and especially on choices we've made.  The choice to give up our house so I could stay at home with Stella.  The choice to live in a modest apartment to make staying home possible.  The choice to drive the cars we drive, spend the way we do, and go to the church we attend.  I can honestly say that there is little I would change about my life, even if, for some reason, Tim or I started to make a lot more money and had the freedom to spend it in whatever way we chose.  I love our apartment, I love my little family, I love our church family, I love living simply, I love our neighborhood.  Most of the things I would love to have are things I absolutely do not need.  Living on one salary has taught us to see God's provision more clearly.  We don't have much left over at the end of every pay period, but we have all we need and more and we have more joy than most.  I am grateful to God for His provision and would be worse off if I didn't consciously see it every day of my life.

Today I am especially thankful for Stella's new frog winter hat.  It's hilarious.  Now all I have got to do is to teach her to keep it on her head...






No comments:

Post a Comment