Saturday, February 25, 2012

Marriage.

The Inn at Thorn Hill (Jackson, NH) - see snowy Mt. Washington in the background!?


Tim and I went away for an overnight to the White Mountains.  Don't kid yourself, we weren't camping (although, Tim would have been thrilled if we had) - we stayed at a luxury bed and breakfast thanks to a generous gift certificate we got from my mom for our five year anniversary.  For those of you keeping track, we've been married seven years this July...so, we're a little slow on the uptake when it comes to cashing in on lovely gifts like this one!  

I was looking forward to time away, and our time together reminded me of how thankful I am for our marriage.  It's rare to find someone to whom you are not only attracted, but someone with whom you can share openly, someone who loves you unconditionally and is a provider for your family.  Most importantly to us both, our marriage is founded on the person of Jesus Christ - which means that when there are moments or even seasons of difficulty, which there have been in the past ten years together, our foundation is solid because it's not built on either of us as people.  Tim is an amazing father to Stella and he's a wonderful husband.  I love that we really make each other laugh and we genuinely enjoy spending time together.  It was worth the two and a half years I spent waiting for a relationship with him when I met him at age 18.  My marriage has far exceeded all of my expectations.  So, I'll sing it AGAIN from the mountaintops - I love my husband and I'm so thankful to be married to him!  

1 comment:

  1. Camping rocks! :-) ....Bed and breakfasts are nice as well though. ;)

    ReplyDelete