Sunday, September 2, 2012

Motivation.

Recently I took a good, long look in the mirror...and, in addition to my fitness level, I realized there are several things in my life that remain undone.  Obviously, a person's body is something that will always require work and maintenance to be fully "fit", but I've spent far too much time lately wishing I was in better shape and hoping it would just happen by continuing to eat poorly and not work as hard at the gym as I know I can.  NEWSFLASH:  after a summer of ice cream nearly every night, I can confidently say that my previously mentioned plan to attain a greater level of physical fitness DOES NOT WORK!  I can also say that, after two weeks of busting my butt at the gym, it's going to be a lot harder to lose the weight than it was to gain it.  Thanks for nothing, Friendly's Ice Cream (okay, I still love you, but "get thee behind me" - and I don't mean stuck to my rear end...)!  All that said, I'm thankful I'm finally motivated and moving in the right direction.  I don't want to waste any more time wishing for something that is totally within my reach and I'm doing something about it.

Like many people, I have a to-do list for general life stuff.  I'm translating my new desire to be the best I can be physically to other areas of my life, as well.  Tonight, I started to tackle a home project which has remained undone since we moved nearly a year and a half ago:  to paint the trim in our entire two bedroom, two story apartment.  It's just the first step, but as of tonight the front hallway trim is officially painted a crisp, glossy white.  In addition to painting, I want to finish Stella's baby book, complete some paperwork that has been hanging over my head, and get to a few other odds and ends around the house.  Perhaps it's the impending reality that we are really becoming foster parents that has given me this boost of energy and dedication?  In a few weeks we will be officially "in the system" and licensed to take in kids.  I feel similarly to when I was about seven months pregnant with Stella, and Tim and I spent New Years Eve ringing in 2010 by organizing and cleaning our entire house, down to the crawl spaces (I know, party animals).  Call it nesting or whatever, I'm just thankful for the motivation to never settle for "just okay" when greatness is within my reach!  God give me strength and perseverance for the tasks ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment